Chief economist Alex Carrick analyzes the economic data behind sustainable design and construction job projections
October 4, 2016
CINCINNATI – ConstructConnect, one of North America’s leading providers of construction information and technology solutions, announced the release of its economic white paper at 2016 Greenbuild Expo, October 5-6. The paper, Green Jobs Growth: Employment Projections For A Sustainable Future, by Chief Economist Alex Carrick, provides a comprehensive review on the employment economics of sustainability.
Those attending the Greenbuild Expo will have the first opportunity to pick up the white paper at the ConstructConnect booth (#1223).
“Sustainable design continues to shape the building industry,” said Alex Carrick, U.S. chief economist for ConstructConnect. “While the U.S. Green Building Council’s goal of achieving sustainability in the built environment transitions to the mainstream, hundreds of thousands of jobs are opening up,”
The white paper will cover several topics of interest for the construction industry including:
- The changing nature of green-construction analysis
- The top 20 green-construction median annual incomes
- The six job categories forecasted to grow by double digits
- New employment positions projected to exist through 2024
To download the white paper, visit http://www.constructconnect.com/greenbuild-2016.
In addition to Carrick’s white paper, Greenbuild attendees can view ConstructConnect’s signature product, Insight which includes several new features and upgrades:
- Pulse – an intelligence tool providing individual team members, team leads and administrators with the ability to view a variety of usage metrics for Insight users. Users can quickly assess the increase or decrease in product usage over time and compare various teams and team members
- Custom Opportunity – allows users to quickly prioritize projects based upon a portion of the project’s value that pertains to their products or services as opposed to the total project value
- Search Tags – color coded tags that can be applied to almost any saved search, allowing users to see at a glance, matching searches for project and companies
“The Insight platform continues to evolve and provide our clients with access to the intelligence and analytics they need to run their business,” said Jennifer Johnson, ConstructConnect’s senior vice-president of product development. “By simplifying the process of identifying high value targets, users can more quickly access the details they need to win more business.”
For more information about ConstructConnect Insight, visit constructconnect.com.
ConstructConnect is the combination of four legacy brands: iSqFt, Construction Market Data, BidClerk and Construction Data. Our collaborative network empowers the construction industry to be more successful with access to relevant information through easy to use technology. ConstructConnect brings participants together throughout North America with the most complete, accurate and actionable construction data in the markets where they work. For more information, visit constructconnect.com.